You should be aware of the potential risks of using any chemical in the laboratory and at home so that you can take the necessary safety measures while using it. The point is that to assess the risks of a particular chemical, the physical and health aspects of that substance must be considered at the same time. However, note that not all chemicals are harmful, so they do not require special handling. But toxic, corrosive, flammable and explosive materials need more care.
Therefore, before using any chemical, you should check the container’s label or other available information, and you should wear protective equipment such as goggles, gloves, and an apron when working with them. Since chemical accidents can happen quickly and can be very serious and dangerous, awareness of them is a vital need. In the rest of the article, further clarifications are given on this issue.
Points to consider when working with chemicals
- Make sure the tool is clean when you use it.
- Before removing gloves, wash the outside of the gloves with soap and water.
- In case of spillage, flush the environment immediately with cleaning agents.
- If gloves are contaminated, do not touch your eyes or face with your hands.
- While at rest, be careful not to let the poison come into contact with shoes and clothing.
- Employees should only work on equipment if they have been trained.
- Put your contaminated clothing in a plastic bag or container separate from your personal clothing.
- Wash your shoes with soap and water so the chemicals don’t seep onto your feet when you take them off.
- Avoid listening to radio and music. Because it can distract you from the work environment.
- Before eating, drinking, chewing gum and using cosmetics, wash your hands and face with soap and water.
- Cover your hair while you work, and if you have long hair make sure you collect it and avoid detangling it.
- Check regularly to ensure that all equipment is suitable for working conditions and repair damaged equipment as soon as possible.
- Avoid wearing any kind of jewelry, rings, watches, etc. at work because by absorbing toxic fumes it causes itching and inflammation of the skin.
- Avoid wearing loose, loose clothing in the laboratory environment. Because when working with heat, the corner of your clothes may catch fire and cause burns.
- Always wear appropriate equipment including gloves, goggles, helmet and protective clothing. But the important thing is that your clothes, gloves and shoes are suitable for working with chemicals. For example, your shoes should be free of any perforations to prevent chemicals from entering.
Where can I find information about chemicals?
Relevant information can be found in safety data sheets, hazard identification and toxicology information, product labels, or many other listed sources.
The purpose of labeling chemicals
- Classification of chemicals
- chemical hazards
- Things to pay attention to during use.
- Information showing the purity of chemicals.
In addition to the mentioned items, when labeling items such as the brand name, chemical label, name, address and telephone number of the merchandise supplier, safety guidelines and chemical group identification should be observed.
Observe safety points
Laboratories and companies that manufacture chemicals must have fire extinguishers, eye wash solutions, fire blankets, and other items needed to comply with safety precautions.
How should chemicals be stored?
- The area should be well ventilated.
- The number of plates stacked on top of each other should not be large.
- The chemical storage area must be completely covered and secure.
- Containers used for chemicals must be leak-proof.
- There should be a clean and chemical-free environment for eating in the workplace.
- Flammable materials should be completely kept away from heat.
- The washing area should be close enough that you can quickly wash the contact area due to contact with chemicals.
- Appropriate firefighting equipment (eg fire extinguishers) must be provided.
Buying and selling chemicals
Most chemicals such as caustic soda, due to their high sensitivity, need special care in the manufacturing process so that the chemicals produced are of such high quality that they do not cause any problems or create any danger during use. That is why, in order to buy chemicals, you should buy from reliable and well-known companies, such as Tamin Sanat Paper Karman, the largest supplier of chemicals in Iran.
Besides the quality of chemicals, the main concern of buyers is the fluctuations in the prices of chemicals in the market. Karman Paper Industry Procurement is proud to offer high quality chemicals at affordable prices to our valued customers. To purchase chemicals, visit this collection site at https://www.kepsico.com/.