It does not matter that in use Sewing machine How skilled are you? In any case, you should know that safety is the first word in any activity. Hence this article on the topic Sewing safety tips We have designated that following the mentioned points will not only prevent injury, but also adherence to these principles will make the sewing result more satisfactory.
Top safety tips when sewing
1_ Start the activity at a low speed.
We highly recommend that you start the sewing process at a low speed. With this, you can ensure that the needle is intact and positioned correctly. especially when industrial sewing machine It has not been used for a long time. If your needle is broken or loose, the fabric will stretch and have holes. It is best to test the wheel with the help of a disposable piece of cloth before sewing.
2_ Do not take your eyes off the canvas.
During the entire process of using the wheel, keep your eyes focused on the canvas. Because with a moment of carelessness, your hand may be under the needle or may veer off the sewing path.
If you were driving a car, would you be willing to close your eyes for a second? No, because you know you will harm yourself and the car with this carelessness.
Sewing is exactly the same example. So, as long as your foot is on the pedal, focus on the path of stitching and the needle.
3_ sewing machine and steam iron Do not leave without separation.
One of the most important Sewing safety tips That is, do not leave the wheel and iron while driving.
In some cases, tailors who work long hours do not pull the wheel out of the port to rest and carry on working again. In this case, you may accidentally step on the pedal and your hand may be injured or your clothing damaged by the movement of the needle. If there is a small child in the house or in the workshop, this probability will increase.
Failure to turn the iron off may result in hand burns, clothing burns, or a fire. Of course, a modern iron turns off automatically after a while if it is not used.
4_ Be careful when choosing a sewing machine needle.
as a fourth element Sewing safety tips We must mention the importance of needle selection. This is important in several ways.
The first reason is that if the needle does not match the thickness and material of the fabric, it may break during the activity and your hands and face may be hurt.
The second reason is that you may not receive an acceptable, clean stitching at the end of the job. In addition, the probability of damage to the fabric and tightening of the thread in this case is very high.
For the convenience of tailors, the needles are marked with colored markers. With this, you can choose the appropriate needlepoint based on the fabric.
Before starting, check the appearance of the needle and make sure it is the correct height and not tilted. If you notice any abnormal symptoms, replace the needle with a new one.
5_ Use a sharps cover.
Just as you don’t leave knives, cutters, and razors at home without cover or grass; . related tools Sewing machine You should not reveal it uncovered. It doesn’t matter how many years have passed since you have been in the sewing business. Unfortunate and harmful events are always lurking. Therefore, we advise after using the scissors to close it and put it in place. If you are using a cutter, pull the sharp edge in and pull it out again as needed.
6_ Stop working out when you are tired or unfocused.
Fatigue on the job will reduce your alertness and accuracy. The potential for physical damage is also high. At the same time, this situation will also reduce the quality of sewing. So if you are tired Sewing machine Unplug and give yourself some time.
7_ Do not neglect the regular services of the sewing machine
Take the wheel to a trusted repairman every now and then. Some internal parts of this device are consumables and need to be replaced with new ones after some time.
Other sewing safety tips, workshop essentials
- in order to work with Sewing machine The workshop or house should have sufficient lighting and proper ventilation.
- Always keep the floor clean so that nothing obstructs your movement.
- Go out to eat or have a meal. Avoid eating at the sewing table.
- It is essential that you have a first aid kit in the workshop.
- It is preferable to avoid having children at work.
- Use any tool only for your specific activity.
- Put sharp and destructive tools and equipment such as needles, safety pins, cutters, scissors, etc. in your special case.
- Do not leave broken needles in the trash. Put them in a container with a tight lid.
- Collect scattered needles with the help of magnets.
Other sewing safety tips and wheel essentials
- Try to keep your fingers away from the moving and rotating parts of the wheel.
- To prevent finger wounds while working with Sewing machine You can use a finger guard.
- If the wheel is not able to sew thick fabrics; Do not insist on doing this.
- To change the needle, thread and bobbin, be sure to unplug the machine.
- To disconnect the device from the power source, never pull the cord from a distance. Disconnect them from the plug-in part of the outlet.
- Wiring and connections Sewing machine Evaluate regularly. Make sure the wires are not frayed or short.