Taxes are a share that, if paid, will bring balance to the country. Each resident of the state is obliged, in accordance with the law and according to his financial ability, to pay taxes to the government.
Taxes are paid to the government to protect the economic and national interests, as well as to cover the public expenditures of the country.
Necessary procedures after company registration
After registering a company at the Companies Registry Office, there are a few things that need to be done that will result in a fine.
The mandatory procedures are:
- Tax affairs and then deposit the assets file
- Get an economical code
- Al-Khatim Commercial Offices
- Issuance and receipt of a business card to start a business activity
Submit a tax file
In order to maintain equilibrium in the state, all individuals must legally pay the prescribed taxes to the government. According to the law, companies must pay taxes after registration to take advantage of the statutory exemptions, facilities and benefits. Non-payment of taxes by companies entails tax penalties.
Companies that do not have any activity after registration are subject to tax.
After incorporation, each corporation has two months to file the documents needed to bring tax issues to its area assets. The amount of tax paid by the company after two months from the time of company registration is two thousandths of the total capital of the company, and if it is not paid, you must pay up to twice the fine.
Therefore, after registering the company, you need to head to the nearest district tax office as soon as possible.
Who is taxable?
According to Article 1 of the Direct Taxes Act, the following persons must pay taxes:
- Every person is an Iranian national in proportion to all the income he receives in Iran or abroad.
- Any non-Iranian person in proportion to the income he is studying in Iran.
Classification of legal entities in terms of tax regulations
- Companies in which the private sector owns all of their capital, such as joint stock companies and cooperatives.
- Companies whose capital is entirely owned by corporations, government agencies and municipalities.
- Iranian legal entities that have non-profit and non-profit activities and are not distributed to distribute profits between partners.
- Companies that are established by foreigners and that establish representative offices in Iran.
These individuals will be fined if they do not take action on tax issues.
Documents required to be submitted to the Tax Department
When paying salaries, legal entities must calculate and deduct taxes in accordance with Article 85 of the Legal Code, and within thirty days, while submitting the list of employees to the local tax administration, pay and announce the changes made in the following months.
After submitting the above list, legal entities are required to submit a declaration, balance sheet and profit and loss account to the tax office within a maximum of 4 months after the fiscal year. The mentioned items are provided with all the identity details of the partners and shareholders in the companies and the amount of each of them’s share, as well as the address of each of the partners. After making the first list, it is sufficient to provide a list of changes in subsequent years.
The documents required to be submitted to the Tax Department are:
- Lease or ownership document of the company office in the name of the company
- Certificate of signature of individuals and company owner
- seal company
- Deposit slip of two per thousand of the company’s initial capital
- Company’s water, electricity, telephone and gas bills
- Original and copy of company identification documents
- Application – Company – Official Gazette
- Original and copy of all company documents (memorandum of association, declaration, etc.)
- An equivalent copy of all corporate identity documents
- Certificate of signature of individuals and company owner
Get an economical code
After registering the company and filing the tax file, the steps related to obtaining the economic code must be followed. An economic code is a 12-digit identifier used to identify a company in its tax unit. By using economic law in purchase and sale invoices, taxes and income for natural and legal persons can be easily calculated by the taxing institution of the state. Having an economic law helps prevent unhealthy competition and supports economic actors.
Documents that require an economic code for natural persons
- Personal written request
- A copy of the trade license
- A full copy of the identity card pages
- Payment receipt to a 523 treasury account near Bank Melli branches
- Complete the identity information form for real people
- Three 2×3 photos of the applicant
Documents requesting economic code for legal entities
- Written request from the company
- A copy of the identity card from all pages
- The Official Gazette so that the announcement of the establishment of the mentioned company is clearly written in it.
- Payment receipt to a 523 treasury account adjacent to a branch of Bank Melli Iran to issue an economic number
- Preparation of identity information form for legal entities (as an example)
- A copy of your previous business card or computer receipt
Get offices sealed
All businesses subject to tax laws must obtain legal records for the stamp from the tax office and include all economic activities in it. According to the instructions and regulations, companies must record all their activities in the offices that are considered legal offices accurately, legibly and without scratches. At the end of the fiscal year, these books must be returned to the original in sealed form, including the tax return. These offices require clarification of all the financial activities of the company and the registration of the company. To follow up the companies’ implementation of the laws, the Tax Affairs Authority may send a delegation consisting of three people to visit and monitor the offices of taxpayers in accordance with the regulations. In the event that the Company does not submit books to this Board, at its discretion in accordance with Clause (3) of Article 97 of this Law, the taxable income for the relevant year shall be recognized through ALI.
In the case of newly created enterprises, a delay in the registration of offices for the first year of incorporation is allowed up to 30 days from the date of registration of the legal entity or the date of commencement of employment of other persons.
Get a business card
A business card is a license under which a card holder can engage in activities related to the export and import of goods and international trade, and a business card can be obtained legally and legally. Having a business card is a must for companies that do business. After receiving the economic code, the relevant steps can be taken to obtain a business card.
After the company is registered and incorporated, doing tax affairs in accordance with the instructions is one of the most important and necessary procedures. Failure to pay taxes, in addition to paying fines, entails deprivation of facilities and benefits. Once the company is established and registered, you only have two months to file the tax return and do the tax matters. In order to obtain an economic code and business card, you must have taken the necessary steps to pay taxes. Do not forget that the payment of taxes is to cover the public expenditures of the country and to protect the national and economic interests of the country.