What is a digital currency wallet? In a simple word
Vault Center Store: Unlike a regular wallet that holds fiat currencies, a cryptocurrency wallet only holds your private keys. Your cryptocurrency, after all, is on the blockchain.
In addition, hardware wallets allow you to trade digital currencies.
You can also use DeFi (decentralized finance) and decentralized applications (dApps).
Simply put, a cryptocurrency wallet gives you access to everything on the blockchain.
In short, hot wallets are software. Most hot wallets are free. And it is placed on the installed device.
looks good? No, don’t decide too quickly!
One of the main drawbacks of these wallets is their constant internet connection. They are vulnerable to phishing or spyware.
So, if you are not careful enough, a hacker can steal your private keys:
Best Cryptocurrency Exchange: So protect your coins from cyber threats if you can right away. You need cold wallet insurance.
We recommend that you try out Metamask (for the Ethereum blockchain) before looking elsewhere.
For others, hardware cold or hardware wallets are the perfect solution.
Hardware switches have different factors to consider:
Hardware wallets come with an app that runs on your desktop or smartphone.
- They are connected to these devices wirelessly or via a cable.
- And they are considered safe. Because they only connect to the internet during the transaction. (It is heated).
- In addition, some of them do not connect to the Internet or any other device.
Finally, if you value security, they are the best option for you.
But before we complete the list, let us explore the advantages of hardware wallets:
Advantages of hardware wallets
Best place to store private keys:
It is the most secure place to store your private keys. You do not trust the exchange or the software.
An extra layer of security:
You can put a pin. To make sure no one gets access to your wallet. In addition, integrated software allows passwords to be set for added security.
You physically confirm each transaction. This is much like signing a cheque.
A computer virus cannot penetrate a cold wallet. Your computer may crash, but your hardware wallet likely won’t.
Now that we know about wallets and their types, let’s start the main review.
The best cryptocurrency wallet for Iran
Ledger Nano X Ledger Nano X
The latest product from a top-tier hardware wallet brand: .
It can host up to 100 cryptocurrencies from more than 5,500 tokens.
With Ledger Nano X you can buy, sell, share, exchange cryptocurrencies. and management of non-fungible tokens.
The wallet is secured with a PIN code supported by a 24-word recovery phrase.
- Additionally, you can set up 2FA (two-factor authentication) for added security.
- It is compatible with bluetooth. Which makes it possible to use the Ledger Live app while on the go and travelling.
ledger nano s ledger nano s
It’s the larger cousin of the Nano X. At less than half the price, the Nano S is perfect for minimal coding.
Compared to the Nano X, it lacks Bluetooth connectivity.
- with a smaller screen.
- It can only accommodate three encoders at the same time.
Apart from these few shortcomings, it is equally strong in terms of security. To date, Ledger has sold more than two million Nano S units, which is a testament to his credibility.
The main competitor is the Nano X. This popular hardware wallet is included in this list with a slightly different approach than the previous two.
First, you get a larger touchscreen LCD panel to support wallet functions. It is much easier and safer.
- The Trezor operating system is open source. While Ledger is not.
- But, you won’t get Bluetooth on the Trezor Model T.
- In addition, Trezor has a shorter 12-word recovery phrase.
However, Trezor, as an add-on, allows you to use a micro SD card as an encrypted storage unit.
Moreover, with Shamir Backup, it excels in security.
- Trezor supports many cryptocurrencies.
Overall, you have an impressive hardware portfolio in the Trezor Model T.
One treasure Trezor one model
It’s a simple version of the Model T at less than 30% of the price of the Trezor T.
First, the screen is not a touch screen. It is only there to check transaction details.
You can operate the wallet using two hardware buttons located at the bottom of the screen.
The main difference between Trezor One and Trezor T. :
- I support Shamir
- micro sd card
- And a few more cryptocurrencies
Like the Ledger models, the two Trezor models are powered by a USB cable rather than a battery.
Secure X hardware wallet. SecuX V20
The SecuX V20 goes head to head with the Ledger Nano X and Trezor Model T.
- Supports bluetooth technology.
- It has a nice round design with aluminum covers. This gives you a sense of superiority.
This hardware wallet has a larger touch screen. It is tougher than its counterparts.
- It currently supports more than 1,000 cryptocurrencies and tokens.
As a new company, coin support may not be as widespread as Trezor & Ledger. But in practice, hardware wallets that support thousands of coins are just a marketing gimmick.
Most of the users invest in only a few coins. Which you must check before purchasing the wallet.
- V20 PIN is used. Which you can retrieve using a 24-seed recovery statement.
- There is also 2FA for added security.